Comedy I like
- The Office UK - cringe.
- Louie - awesome.
- The Alan Partridge Show - perfectly capturing a soul.
- Curb Your Enthusiasm - interweaving plots, and a wonderful balance between points of view.
- On the Hour (tv & radio) - 90s satire of news programs
- Spaced - incredibly creative, hilarious, amazing direction. A brilliant person's take on the reality of modern young life, video games, ambition, friendship, etc.
- Seinfeld - the original, good.
- Look around You - absurd, great ensemble cast of 2000s UK comedians. The first series is a parody of educational films, and the second is of science presentation shows.
- Delocated - An absurd reality tv show. So many great catchphrases - "the bone zone", "the wiggler", the "ska"- themed bar mitzvah, etc. It's a reality show about a guy in the witness protection program who has Eugene Mirman of the russian mob trying to kill him. The best part is the way Jon talks. And Dog Mayor! (He runs for NYC Dog Mayor, because dogs are undrerepresented in politics).
- South Park - is still good, somehow. The way they cop out by "attacking both sides" is sometimes cheap, though. Their music is some of the best part - listen to the intonation in "only a woman"... so good.
- Arrested Development - the really long setup bits for one joke are great.
- The Mitchel & Webb Look (tv & radio) - UK sketch comedy, really creative and funny, by the same guys who did peep show.
- Brass Eye - Chris morris satire, 90s UK
- The Office US - has some good bits.
- Saxondale - later steve coogan, another great character. every scene with the bitchy secretary is brilliant.
- The Fast Show - 90s UK sketch comedy.
- Kids in the Hall - 90s canadian sketch comedy
- Green Wing - 2000s UK absurdist hospital comedy
- Dr Terrible's House Of Horrible - later steve coogan, a tribute to horrible movies. The one with the vampire hunter is amusing.
- The Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin - poignant 60s/70s UK dramedy about an advertising man losing his mind
- The State - 90s american sketch comedy. Pretty good.
- Reno 911 - pretty good. Keep in mind it's all improv.
- Children's Hospital - 2010s US hospital comedy with a mean Rob Corddry
- Michael & Michael have issues - Just a few episodes were made but it was pretty funny. I'm a big fan of Michael Showalter & Michael Ian Black
- Flight of the Concords - it's good! And Todd Barry is good too!
- Mr Show - the classic.
- Dr. Katz - 2 parts. 1. the relationsip between katz, his son, and his receptionist. The son is played by H. Jon Benjamin, one of the greatist voice artists ever. I just don't know how he does it. The receptionist is played by Sarah Silverman's sister, who has an amazing voice, too. 2. Various standups coming in to be psychoanalyzed. Mostly they just do their act, sometimes it's funny. But the first part is amazing.
- Eastbound and Down - the bad american.
- The Peter Serafinowicz Show - sketch comedy from Peter Serafinowicz.
Weird and brilliant
- Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! - one of the weirdest, most disturbing, but greatest shows ever. The song / video for "petite feet" is incredible. Lots of parodies of infomercials, commercials. Can be way too gross at times.
- Tom Goes to the Mayor - I liked this one a lot too. Has some good guests.
- Neil Hamburger
Old but Good
- Not the 9 O'clock News - 80k UK sketch comedy.
- SCTV - canadian sketch comedy
Depressing, but still good
- Lead Balloon - Pretty funny, and a great eastern european maid character. This show is about hypocrisy.
- Snuff Box - weird, dark comedy sketches
Too Depressing to Recommend
- Peep Show - This is funny but compared to Curb, everything just goes SO absolutely wrong every single time, and the main characters have no redeeming qualities at all. It's really annoying. It's reasonable up to season 4, but after that it just goes insane.
- Chris Morris - UK Satirist. Doing movies now too, like "four lions". He's great.
- Ricky Gervais. A great, great talker & laugh.
- Kevin Smith - another amazing storyteller. His movies basically suck, but he has a good way to tell stories. Maybe it's just the new jersey thing.
- Steve Coogan
- Mitch Hedburg - dead US Comedian.
- Greg Benson - doug loves movie podcast
- Larry David - how long will curb run? Season 8 was hilarious.