Which type of variation would you ask for, if you could be 10% better at something?
- 10% taller - 5'6" feet tall -> 6'1/2" - that's a pretty big difference.
- 10% richer - almost no difference
- 10% stronger - not much difference - 1 month in the gym for an untrained person increases strength by 20%
- 10% fatter - not much difference -> 100lb -> 110lb
- 10% thinner - no big change, 200lb -> 180lb
- 10% smarter - rather big, nearly 1 stdev, worth a lot
- 10% luckier - hmm, might be great if there really is no such thing as luck (you would be able to beat the house at gambling, anyway)
- 10% less sleep needed - 8 hours -> ~7 hours/night. Pretty good.
- 10% faster runner. For most people, not a big change
- 10% increased livespan - 80 -> 88, not that great
- 10% increased maturity rate: at 10, you'd be like 11. at 20, you'd be like a 22 year old. Could be ok.
- 10% faster blood clotting. Hmm, not that great, there's already lots of variation there.
- 10% better vision. Would be ok, but there's already huge variation.
- 10% more ambitious. This would probably get you places.
- 10% better immune system - there's already tons of variation
- 10% stronger bones - already tons of variation
- 10% faster thought - this could add up to tons, depending
- 10% bigger brain - could be a lot
- 10% more fingers - weird
- 10% more neural connections - might end up driving you crazy
- 10% less sleep required - no biggie