A Transcendent Language Experience
- For a language you are intermediate level with, where you definitely couldn't understand a tv show in.
- Get the subtitles file for an episode of the show.
- Convert them to flash cards.
- Memorize them all - understand all of the grammar and words.
- Watch the show.
- Be completely amazed to temporarily be an utterly fluent listener of the language.
- Watch the next episode and be shocked again at how hard it is to understand.
The feeling of just getting, deeply, everything people are saying, is one most language students never receive; this puts you in that place for a while. The feeling of the meaning of everything they're saying, sinking directly in, triggering your memory and understanding, is just amazing.