Analysis of an hour of NPR
I'd like to see a detailed, second-by-second analysis of how they spend their time
- Re-announcing the name of the station
- Announcing the name of the guest, host, or program
- Straight up ads for their "sponsors"
- Prestige announcements of foundational sponsors
- Repeating the summary of the program
- Ads for other programs
- Host repeating the biography of the interviewee
- Story which doesn't ask basic journalistic questions about what actually happened
- Untranslated foreign language section
- Musical cues
- Quote from someone who hasn't been introduced yet
- Chopped up, possibly out of order quote in response to an unheard question
It's a shame they basically accept commercials disguised as sponsorship.
I expect at most 60% of their airtime is actual useful content.