How much hair do you grow in a day?
- The average non-bald person has 100,000 hairs on their head. Hair grows at a rate of 1/2 inch per month.
- That means you grow 50,000 inches of hair per month.
- That is 1667 inches per day.
- That is 138 feet per day!!!
Which is about 6 feet an hour.
- Or about 1/50th of an inch a second!
- That is a lot of work! I wonder what percent of our nutritional intake is used for this?
How much does that weigh?
- 1 foot of a head of hair weighs about 50g. So one foot of a single hair weighs 50g/10e5 == 0.0005 g.
- At 6 feet / hour, that is 0.003g / hour (minimum) going into hair production. Hmm, that's not very much.